Skin care products often have labels like “natural” and “organic” attached on them but it’s advisable not to take solace in that as these labels are sometimes meaningless. There is no rule that mandates companies to test the ingredients they use in their products neither is there any concerning labeling their products.
Toxins, harsh preservatives and petrochemicals with little or no organic herbs may be present in many products labeled as “organic”
Some products may contain organic ingredients and still have synthetic chemicals such as fragrances, parabens, petrochemicals and unhealthy additives. Therefore, looking out for harmful ingredients such as these is more important.
Only a product that is highly organic, not harmful and very pure can be marked safe and healthy for use.
Here Are 8 Reasons To Organic Skincare Products:
- Everyday, the average adult is vulnerable to 168 hazardous chemicals. Many cosmetics and body care products contain chemicals like parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, phthalates, propylene glycol and mineral oils that are harmful to the endocrine, reproductive and immune systems.
- The skin is a quick absorbant. When you shave, you give harmful ingredients a direct line to your bloodstream. When you apply lipsticks, moisturizers, deodorants and any kind of cosmetics, it goes straight to the bloodstream as the body absorbs it.
- The rate of infertility is now high among women below the age of 25. Research shows that exposure to some known chemical ingredients causes reproductive and infertility problems for women of child-bearing age and pregnant women.
- There is an increasing rate of birth defect, autism and cancer. The personal care products we use everyday exposes us to various kinds of toxins which results in these defects as many reports have shown. .
- Safety testing are not conducted for many chemicals. Cosmetic and personal care products have above 10,000 chemical ingredients out of which only 10% have been tested. Those that have even been tested were not prohibited from use. It’s been 67 years since the FDA prohibited the use of 9 ingredients.
- Numerous chemicals have been discovered in unborn babies. A study of newborn babies’ umbilical cord in the laboratory has revealed the presence of about 232 chemicals. This is a strong proof that right from the womb, children are vulnerable to various harmful substances that may have long term implications.
- Low doses matter. Exposure to toxins and chemicals in both cosmetics and substances we take in keeps accumulating till they react
- Organic products are simply the best. The condition of your body will remain in its natural state when you make use of Non toxic skin care products. Your body absorbs anything you apply on your skin, hence to remain healthy, be careful of what you apply on your body.
Shaving exfoliates your skin making it easier for harmful skincare ingredients to invade your system. Umi Skincare products are all-natural and contain 88% certified organic ingredients. Umi ShaveJelly gives you cleaner, closer shave. Umi SkinBliss helps repair and rejuvenate your skin after shaving. This powerful duo leaves your skin feeling oil-free and super smooth. Best of all, Umi products are safer for your overall health.